Motorcycle Resource Center
How-to videos and articles, "tips & tricks", useful reference information, handouts from Cycle Fest presentations, links... whatever! We've collected and posted stuff to make your motorcycling better; after all - it's about the ride!
- BMW motorcycle maintenance schedules. Find out what needs to be done to your BMW motorcycle - and when.
- Ducati motorcycle maintenance schedules. Find out what needs to be done to your Ducati motorcycle - and when.
- The R1100 Maintenance Guide, and "OilHead" Maintenance Guide, edited by Carl Kulow, are Non-Official but very helpful guide for owners of BMW R850R, R1100R/RS/RT, and R1150R/RS/RT motorcycles. (Courtesy of the Internet BMW Riders)
- Replace your Valve Stems. If you're running tubeless tires you should replace your wheels' valve stems when you mount new tires...
- Recommended BMW Tire Pressure Chart. Safety, tire life, handling - all are directly related to correct pressure.
- Recommended Ducati Tire Pressure Chart. Correct tire pressure is the key to getting the most from your tires.
- Recommended Vespa & Piaggio Scooter Tire Pressure Chart. Get it right - your tires will thank you for it!
- How to operate your Nav V GPS with your Multi Controller on your R1200GS, R1200GS Adventure, R1200RT or K1600GT/GTL (video)
- How to install Triumph Motorcycle accessories. Triumph publishes installation instructions for most everything they sell. Just input the part number - check it out!
- How to seal a leaky steel gasoline tank. From "Motorcycle Classics" magazine. (Old bike? You may need to know this!)
- How to properly transport your Telelever-equipped BMW motorcycle.(video)
- How to remove the cheek pads from your Schuberth C3™ helmet. (video)
- How to set up the suspension on your bike in this excellent article in SportRider Magazine
- How to change a tire on an off-road / dual sport bike. (video)
- How to make a OEM BMW motorcycle parts "app" on your iPhone. Turn your phone into a parts search tool.
- How to lock your R1200RT Tank Bag. Keep your stuff yours.
- How to re-seal the pushrod tubes on your BMW Airhead Detailed how-to article from Motorcycle Classics Magazine.
- "The Road Less Traveled" Do you remember how your first year's riding affected you? Read Tammy Mathews' story.
- Download a copy of the Sidecar Manual. If you're interested in or curious about Sidecars, The United Sidecar Association has been carrying the banner for this aspect of motorcycling for many years. The USA also has .pdf files of a remarkable old (1920!) book called "Motorcycles, Sidecars, and Cyclecars" that's definitely worth a look.
- BMW Press Releases are available by clicking the link. Find out what's new from the source.
- Download our shop brochure. At A&S Motorcycles, we're proud of our commitment to customer service and read the details for yourself. Please use our contact form to provide your feedback.
- Learn more about Vehicle Identification Numbers by exploring these sites; two specifically for BMW Motorcycles, two others provide more general information.
All about BMW Motorcycle VINs.
More about BMW Motorcycle VINs.
What's a VIN check digit?
Wikipedia VIN article (general).
- K1600GTL Audio reference diagram. One rider's optimum K1600GTL audio setup.
- Triumph Owner's Manuals you can download a manual for your Triumph here.
- BMW Contact Information.
Connect with the corporate offices.
- Learn about the CAN Bus system you your motorcycle. Link to bmwmotorcycletech.info.
- More info on CAN Bus (with diagrams) from BMW Riders Association (BMWRA)
- Everything you need to know about motor oil from "Bob, the oil guy".
- Compare the seat height options available for most BMW motorcycles with this . Did you know there were 8 available seat configurations for a 2010 R1200R? Wow! (Best viewing size for this large format poster is 50%.)
- Here is an older version of the BMW Seat Height comparison chart that covers some older models.
- Everything you need to know about motorcycle tires. Courtesy of the Motorcycle Industry Council.
- Test your visual perception courtesy of the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.
- Know someone who's just getting started in motorcycling? Send him or her this link to motorcycle.com's Beginners Guide.
- Download a copy of the Motorcycle Operator Manual from the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.
- Pre-2002 BMW Motorcycle spec sheets Free downloads of spec sheets for BMW Motorcycles - all the way back to the venerable 1923 R32.
- Exhaust System Guidelines. Wondering if that full replacement system or slip-on exhaust will be legal to use on your bike in California? The Motorcycle Industry Council has prepared . Although mainly aimed at helping dealers to understand the rules, you'll find it helpful.
Cycle Fest 'Handouts'
- Prepare your bike for Off-Road Riding, thanks to Shawn at RawHyde Adventures.
- Prepare yourself and your bike for Long Distance Riding (applies to touring preparation too.) Courtesy of Tom Austin, presenter at our Oct., 2011 LD Riding Cycle Fest.
- First aid information, First Aid Checklist, After the Accident and Check-Call-Care (all documents in .pdf format.) What if your ride ends unexpectedly when your riding buddy goes down? What should you do? What should you NOT do? Fire captain, paramedic and long time rider Phil Challinor shared his education and experience at our Jan., 2012 Cycle Fest. Here are the handouts:
- Introduction to Track Day Presenter Vic Anderson from Zoom-Zoom Track Days prepared these notes about preparing your bike, preparing yourself for a day at the track.
- Riding to Alaska is a dream trip. Presenter Ben Ramos' prepared this list of resources for the April, 2012 "Alaska 101" Cycle Fest.