2016 BMW S1000R
2016 S1000R - Right
This bike includes the following factory options:
Premium Package, Gear Shift Assistant, DTC (Dynamic Traction Control), DDC (Dynamic Damping Control), Ride Modes Pro, Sport Package, Dynamic Package, Heated Grips, Cruise Control and Engine Spoiler.
* All pre-owned motorcycles sold by A&S Motorcycles are fully inspected and serviced so you can be confident in your purchase.
* A&S Motorcycles can accept your motorcycle, scooter, car, truck or RV in trade toward the purchase of a motorcycle. (All trades are subject to mechanical inspection by our service dept.)
If you have a down payment but your credit isn't perfect, our lenders may be able to help. Copy this link to apply: https://s16454.endeavorsecure.com/Financing.htm
* For 50 years, A&S Motorcycles has been the premiere Sacramento area motorcycle shop. We specialize in fine European machines from BMW, Ducati and Triumph. We've earned our reputation by offering the best bikes, new and used, along with excellent customer service. Whether you need parts, riding gear or accessories to make your bike unique, we are here for you.
It's About the Ride!
* All advertised vehicles are subject to prior sale. We reserve the right to make changes without notice, and are not responsible for errors or omissions. Used vehicles sold by A&S Motorcycles are subject to freight, title transfer and document preparation fees and a $299.00 handling fee. Vehicle sales within California are subject to state sales tax, and license fees. If you are not a California resident but take delivery within California, you pay CA sales tax at the minimum rate and a title transfer fee. If you take delivery outside California, laws regarding titling, and taxes vary from state to state; please contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles for information. Some states have a reciprocal tax agreement with California.
*Trade-ins: A&S Motorcycles can accept your motorcycle, scooter, car, truck or RV in trade toward the purchase of a motorcycle. Please call today! All trades are subject to mechanical inspection by our service dept.
A&S Motorcycles | DLR # 05872 | 916-726-7334 | www.aspowersports.com | It's About the Ride!
Conquer the roads - on the BMW S1000R.
A roadster, reduced to the essentials: maximum performance. 160 bhp/118 kW, 112 Nm torque and a power-to-weight ratio of 1.29 kilograms per bhp - and the competition disappears in the rear mirror. Like its superbike predecessor, the S1000R sets the benchmark in its segment.
Linear power: the engine.
The high-performance 4-cylinder in-line engine derives from the RR but has now been further optimised. The result: extremely linear torque delivery for constant forward propulsion across the entire engine speed range. The engine of the S1000R has an output of 160 PS/118 kW at 11,000 rpm, while a maximum of 112 Nm torque at 9,250 rpm puts a smile on the rider's face at every twist of the throttle.
Ready for attack: the design.
The genes of the S1000R are striking at first sight: aggressive tail-up/nose-down design, distinctive split face and the characteristic gills. And the "R" shows much less of its sharp-edged, muscular skin. Some people call it naked - we just call it focused on the essentials.
Versatile: the riding modes.
The S1000R can be reined in and unleashed at the press of a button as standard. The "Rain" mode provides a gentle throttle response, with ABS and ASC adapted to wet road surfaces. Meanwhile "Road" optimises throttle response, ABS and ASC for dry asphalt. The Pro modes are available as an optional extra for those chasing the threshold range: "Dynamic" and "Dynamic Pro" get the "R" into shape for the limits.
Full control: Race ABS and ASC as standard.
Keep the power under control. That’s why the S1000R is fitted with Race ABS and ASC (automatic stability control) as standard. This duo ensures excellent acceleration and deceleration figures at threshold level. They can be activated and deactivated during travel, making for uninterrupted riding fun.
No compromises: the individualisation options.
Two packages are available for the S1000R, each of which sensibly groups the various options: The "Sport" package includes the Pro modes (Rain, Road + Dynamic, Dynamic Pro), DTC, shift assistant and cruise control. The "Dynamic" package comprises the electronic suspension DDC and an engine spoiler in body colour. There will also be an extensive range of HP parts for the S 1000 R aimed at ambitious riders.
- Type: Water/oil-cooled 4-cylinder 4-stroke in-line engine, four valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts
- Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Capacity: 999 ccm
- Rated output: 160 hp (118 kW) at 11,000 rpm
- Max. torque: 83 lb-ft (112 Nm) at 9,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic injection
- Emission control: 2 closed-loop 3-way catalytic converters, EU-3 norm with interference pipe and acoustic valves
- Maximum speed: over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 44 mpg at a constant 56 mph (5.4 L)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: 350 W
- Battery: 12 V / 9 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multiplate clutch in oil bath, anti-hopping clutch, mechanically controlled
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox, straight-toothed
- Drive: Chain 17/45
- Frame: Aluminum composite bridge frame, partially self-supporting engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Aluminum 2-sided swing arm, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.7 in. / 4.7 in. (120 mm / 120 mm)
- Wheelbase: 56.7 in. (1,439 mm)
- Castor: 3.9 in. (98.5 mm)
- Steering head angle: 65.4 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, diameter 320 mm, thickness 5 mm, radial 4-piston fixed calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, single piston floating caliper, diameter 220 mm, 5 mm thick
- ABS: STANDARD Race ABS (part integral, can be switched off)
- Length: 81.0 in. (2,057 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 33.3 in. (845 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 48.3 in. (1,228 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 32.0 in. (814 mm)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 71.1 (1,805 mm)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 456 lb. (207 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 897 lb. (407 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 441 lb. (200 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.6 gal.
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal.
- Engine Type
- 4-cylinder 4-stroke in-line engine, four valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts
- 999 ccm
- Bore and Stroke
- 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.0 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic injection
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable
- Rear Suspension
- Aluminum 2-sided swing arm, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating disc brakes, diameter 320 mm, thickness 5 mm, radial 4-piston fixed calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, single piston floating caliper, diameter 220 mm, 5 mm thick
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 56.7 in. (1,439 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.0 in. (814 mm)
- 3.9 in. (98.5 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal.
- 44 mpg at a constant 56 mph (5.4 L)
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox, straight-toothed
- Final Drive
- Chain 17/45
- Racing Red, Light White, Black Storm Metallic