2016 BMW S1000RR
2016 S1000RR - B3902 - Left side
* All pre-owned motorcycles sold by A&S Motorcycles are fully inspected and serviced so you can be confident in your purchase.
* A&S Motorcycles can accept your motorcycle, scooter, car, truck or RV in trade toward the purchase of a motorcycle. (All trades are subject to mechanical inspection by our service dept.)
If you have a down payment but your credit isn't perfect, our lenders may be able to help. Copy this link to apply: https://www.aspowersports.com/financing
* For 50 years, A&S Motorcycles has been the premiere Sacramento area motorcycle shop. We specialize in fine European machines from BMW, Ducati and Triumph. We've earned our reputation by offering the best bikes, new and used, along with excellent customer service. Whether you need parts, riding gear or accessories to make your bike unique, we are here for you.
It's About the Ride!
* All advertised vehicles are subject to prior sale. We reserve the right to make changes without notice, and are not responsible for errors or omissions. Used vehicles sold by A&S Motorcycles are subject to freight, title transfer and document preparation fees and a $299.00 handling fee. Vehicle sales within California are subject to state sales tax, and license fees. If you are not a California resident but take delivery within California, you pay CA sales tax at the minimum rate and a title transfer fee. If you take delivery outside California, laws regarding titling, and taxes vary from state to state; please contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles for information. Some states have a reciprocal tax agreement with California.
*Trade-ins: A&S Motorcycles can accept your motorcycle, scooter, car, or truck in trade toward the purchase of a motorcycle. Please call today! All trades are subject to mechanical inspection by our service dept.
A&S Motorcycles | DLR # 05872 | 916-726-7334 | www.aspowersports.com | It's About the Ride!
Welcome to the new Planet Power.
The S 1000 RR revolutionized the supersports class when it first came out in 2009. Now it steps up to the very same challenge. The current S 1000 RR model has been completely revised: BMW Motorrad engineers have entirely revised the bike's technology, design and fittings. The result: in its origins a genuine Double R, on the road a new supersports machine.
A facelift is not enough.
The RR is the epitome of a superbike - and that applies to its design, too. Now in its third generation, you can instantly see its increased power. The profile is razor-sharp and extremely clear, the volume of the contours and shapes perfectly balanced. From the rear to the front section, every trim component has been redesigned - including the headlamp element, where the symmetry has been given greater emphasis.
Increased output, reduced weight.
The new S 1000 RR has an output of 199 hp - 6 hp more than its predecessor. But it is not just its higher rated output that makes the Double R faster and more agile. Weighing in at 450 lbs incl. ABS and traction control, it is some 8.8 lbs lighter than the previous version. Furthermore, it has a newly designed exhaust system as well as a new engine set-up for increased torque, an improved output curve and many other optimized details.
Consistently revised down to the last detail.
In addition to major changes to design and performance, it is primarily the technical details which allow the S 1000 RR to take such a quantum leap forward. The electronic suspension components DDC and DTC have been given a new set-up, as has the entire suspension. This ensures greatly improved traction as well as better feedback to the rider. Optimized riding is enabled by such features as the Shift Assistant Pro (shifting up and down without clutch) and the e-gas throttle actuator for more precise and direct control. The rider operates these new features via the newly designed instrument panel which can be adapted to the specific type of use.
- Type: Water/oil-cooled 4-cylinder 4-stroke in-line engine, four titanium valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts
- Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Capacity: 999 ccm
- Rated output: 199 hp (146 kW) at 13,500 rpm
- Max. torque: 83 lb-ft (113 Nm) at 10,500 rpm
- Compression ratio: 13.0:1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converters, EU-3 norm with electronically controlled interference pipe
- Maximum speed: over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 41 mpg at a constant 55 mph
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: 350 W
- Battery: 12 V / 7 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Oil lubricated multiplate clutch, mechanically controlled
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox, straight-toothed gear teeth
- Drive: Chain 17/45
- Frame: Aluminum composite bridge frame, partially self-supporting engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Aluminium 2-sided swing arm, compression and rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.7 in. / 4.7 in. (120 mm / 120 mm)
- Wheelbase: 56.6 in. (1,438 mm)
- Castor: 3.9 in. (96.5 mm)
- Steering head angle: 66.5 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Twin disc brake, floating brake calipers, 4-piston fixed caliper, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, single piston floating caliper, diameter 220 mm
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Race ABS (part-integral, can be switched off)
- Length: 80.8 in. (2,050 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 32.5 in. (826 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 44.9 in. (1,140 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 32.1 in. (815 mm)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 71.1 in. (1,805 mm)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 449 lb. (204 kg)
- Dry weight: 386 lb. (175.5 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 895 lb. (407 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 447 lb. (203 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.6 gal. (17.5 L)
- Reserve: approx. 1 gal.
- Engine Type
- 4-cylinder 4-stroke in-line engine, four titanium valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts
- 999 ccm
- Bore and Stroke
- 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic injection
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable
- Rear Suspension
- Aluminium 2-sided swing arm, compression and rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Twin disc brake, floating brake calipers, 4-piston fixed caliper, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, single piston floating caliper, diameter 220 mm
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 56.6 in. (1,438 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.1 in. (815 mm)
- 3.9 in. (96.5 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal.
- 41 mpg at a constant 55 mph
- Dry Weight
- 386 lb. (175.5 kg)
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox, straight-toothed gear teeth
- Final Drive
- Chain 17/45
- Black Storm Metallic/Racing Red, Racing Red/Light White, Black Storm Metallic, Light White/Lupin Blue/Racing Red