2018 BMW R nineT Urban G/S
2018 R nineT Urban GS - B6250 - Left
This 2018 BMW R nineT Urban G/S is an updated design modeled after the ground-breaking R80 G/S. It's in excellent condition and includes engine guards, tinted windshield, a Hepco Becker side stand foot enlarger and a set of BMW panniers and features the following factory options: Heated Grips, ASC (Automatic Stability Control) and Cross Spoke Wheels.
* All pre-owned motorcycles sold by A&S Motorcycles are fully inspected and serviced so you can be confident in your purchase.
* A&S Motorcycles can accept your motorcycle, scooter, car, truck or RV in trade toward the purchase of a motorcycle. (All trades are subject to mechanical inspection by our service dept.)
If you have a down payment but your credit isn't perfect, our lenders may be able to help. Copy this link to apply: https://www.aspowersports.com/financing
* For 50 years, A&S Motorcycles has been the premiere Sacramento area motorcycle shop. We specialize in fine European machines from BMW, Ducati and Triumph. We've earned our reputation by offering the best bikes, new and used, along with excellent customer service. Whether you need parts, riding gear or accessories to make your bike unique, we are here for you.
It's About the Ride!
* All advertised vehicles are subject to prior sale. We reserve the right to make changes without notice, and are not responsible for errors or omissions. Used vehicles sold by A&S Motorcycles are subject to freight, title transfer and document preparation fees and a $299.00 handling fee. Vehicle sales within California are subject to state sales tax, and license fees. If you are not a California resident but take delivery within California, you pay CA sales tax at the minimum rate and a title transfer fee. If you take delivery outside California, laws regarding titling, and taxes vary from state to state; please contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles for information. Some states have a reciprocal tax agreement with California.
*Trade-ins: A&S Motorcycles can accept your motorcycle, scooter, car, or truck in trade toward the purchase of a motorcycle. Please call today! All trades are subject to mechanical inspection by our service dept.
A&S Motorcycles | DLR # 05872 | 916-726-7334 | www.aspowersports.com | It's About the Ride!
Eye-catching. Powerful. Air-cooled.
Enjoy the confident feel of a boxer with an upright and relaxed riding position, coupled with modern technology. Choose from countless customising options for your own unique ideas. The R nineT Urban G/S makes a clear statement: It pays tribute to the early days of BMW Motorrad's G/S success story. Just one look and it's clear that the R nineT Urban G/S captures the off-road spirit of that era. At the same time, its riding characteristics make it a true member of today's R nineT family. It reflects the way of life of that time: People knew where they wanted to go, and they knew exactly how they would get there.
The source of inspiration: unmistakable.
The design of the R nineT Urban G/S is eye-catching. Distinctive stylistic elements make it a powerful, robust bike that pays tribute to the original G/S design: the 19-inch front wheel, the telescopic fork with the familiar bellows, the headlamp mask with the windscreen and the raised front-wheel cover define the front of the bike. The profile is defined by a pronounced horizontal line. White body elements and the narrow, slightly longer red seat revive the spirit of the legendary R 80 G/S from 1980. The black engine and frame highlight this effect. The new classic round instruments also show that the Urban G/S is part of the R nineT family.
The R nineT Urban G/S also excels on everything from unpaved paths to gravel roads. The optional knubby tyres and spoked wheels, the Enduro foot pegs, the bolted-on heat shield and the steel footbrake lever emphasise the effect, both functionally and visually.
Technology for pure riding fun.
The R nineT Urban G/S is faithful to tradition with its looks, but the bike shows equal respect for the present with its modern technology. It features the proven engine and electrical system of the BMW R nineT. The Urban G/S also meets the current EU-4 emission standard. The powerful air-cooled, two-cylinder boxer engine features a capacity of 1170 ccm and 81 kW (110 bhp) of output for a highly dynamic power delivery, even at low speeds. All for a light and modern riding experience. The standard ABS and optional ASC Automatic Stability Control ensure that you're always safe when you bring your power to the road – or gravel. And there's one last visual reference to the enduro roots of the G/S: the raised exhaust system made of brushed stainless steel.
Upright and majestic.
The balanced ergonomic triangle of the Urban G/S keeps you agile and confident on the road: The slightly higher handlebar, the long seat surface and slightly deeper and wider rear mounted footrests make for a more relaxed and confident riding experience. The standard seat height of the series is 850 mm. Thanks to an optional lower seat, the R nineT Urban G/S offers stability for riders of almost all sizes.
Customizing almost without limits.
Whether you want off-road looks or a retro vibe, the R nineT Urban G/S expresses your lifestyle more than anything else. So when it comes to customising, the possibilities are almost endless, as showcased so well in countless adventures throughout G/S history. The R nineT Urban G/S can be quickly converted into a one-seater thanks to the removable pillion frame. There's also a tailored range of Original BMW Motorrad accessories to choose from. Options include a crash bar, engine guard or protective headlamp grille. The bike also comes with several optional accessories, including spoked wheels, various tanks, ASC (Automatic Stability Control), heated grips or LED turn indicators. But the R nineT Urban G/S is also ideal for installing specially fabricated add-on components such as our new Machined parts. In short: Your individuality is just as unrestricted as your riding pleasure.
- Type: Air/oil-cooled flat twin ('Boxer') 4-stroke engine, two camshafts and four radially aligned valves per cylinder, central counterbalancer shaft
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Rated output: 81 kW (110 hp) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 116 Nm at 6.000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection / digital engine management with overrun cutoff, twin-spark ignition
- Emission control: Controlled 3-way catalytic converter, exhaust emission standards EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 200 km/h
- Fuel type: Unleaded fuel, octane number 95-98 RON (rated output at 98 RON)
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 720 W
- Battery: 12 V / 14 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Single dry plate clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Claw-shifted six-speed transmission with helical-cut splines
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Three-part frame concept with front frame and two-part rear frame, load-bearing engine gearbox unit, rear-set frame removeable for one-up riding
- Front wheel location / suspension: Telescopic forks, 43 mm fixed-tube diameter
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminium single swinging arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring preload fully adjustable by hook wrench, adjustable rebound-stage damping
- Suspension travel front / rear: 125 mm / 140 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,527 mm
- Castor: 110.6 mm
- Steering head angle: 61.5°
- Wheels: Cast wheels
- Rim, front: 3.00 x 19 in.
- Rim, rear: 4.50 x 17 in.
- Tyres, front: 120/70 R 19
- Tyres, rear: 170/60 R 17
- Brake, front: Twin-disc brakes, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston callipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 2,175 mm
- Width (incl. mirrors): 870 mm
- Height (excl. mirrors): 1,330 mm
- Seat height, unladen weight: 850 mm
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 1,890 mm
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 221 kg
- Permitted total weight: 430 kg
- Payload (with standard equipment): 209 kg
- Usable tank volume: 17 L
- Reserve: app. 3.5 L
- Engine Type
- Air/oil-cooled flat twin ('Boxer') 4-stroke engine, two camshafts and four radially aligned valves per cylinder, central counterbalancer shaft
- 1,170 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 mm x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.0 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake pipe injection / digital engine management with overrun cutoff, twin-spark ignition
- Claw-shifted six-speed transmission with helical-cut splines
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic forks, 43 mm fixed-tube diameter
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminium single swinging arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring preload fully adjustable by hook wrench, adjustable rebound-stage damping
- Front Brakes
- Twin-disc brakes, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 R 19
- Rear Tire
- 170/60 R 17
- 1,527 mm
- Seat Height
- 850 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 17 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 221 kg
- Light White