2019 Triumph Thruxton 1200 R
Stock Image: Silver Ice
It's About the Ride!
* Find current manufacturer's promotions; copy this link to your browser: https://www.aspowersports.com/factory-promotions#TriumphPromos
* All advertised vehicles are subject to prior sale. We reserve the right to make changes without notice, and are not responsible for errors or omissions. New vehicles sold by A&S Motorcycles are subject to freight, title transfer and document preparation fees and a $698.00 handling fee. Vehicle sales within California are subject to state sales tax, and license fees. If you are not a California resident but take delivery within California, you pay CA sales tax at the minimum rate and a title transfer fee. If you take delivery outside California, laws regarding titling, and taxes vary from state to state; please contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles for information. Some states have a reciprocal tax agreement with California.
*Trade-ins: A&S Motorcycles can accept your motorcycle, scooter, car, truck or RV in trade toward the purchase of a motorcycle. Please call today! All trades are subject to mechanical inspection by our service dept.
A&S Motorcycles | DLR # 05872 | 916-726-7334 | www.aspowersports.com | It's About the Ride!
Real Poise, Real Power, Real Performance
The Thruxton and Thruxton R are the real deal; the ultimate modern classic café racers. Each equipped with the 1200cc ‘Thruxton spec’ engine, these thrilling motorbikes have the handling, agility and capability to complement the beautifully imposing authentic Thruxton styling, ensuring both models have all the poise, power and performance to live up to their legendary name.
- Higher Specification Braking with Switchable ABS: For even greater braking performance, the Thruxton R has twin floating disc Brembo front brakes with 4-piston radial monobloc calipers and single disc Nissin 2-piston floating caliper rear brakes.
- High Specification Suspension: Take café racer riding capability and handling up to the next level, with fully adjustable front Showa USD big piston forks and fully adjustable Öhlins twin rear shocks with piggy back reservoir.
- High Quality Wheels & Tyres: Lightweight 17-inch aluminium wheel rims each with 32 spokes, complemented by Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa tyres for premium handling, grip and performance.
- Ride-By-Wire & Riding Modes: The Thruxton’s electronic ride-by-wire system enhances throttle control, responsiveness, safety, and feel. Linked to the ride-by-wire system, the three selectable mode options Road, Rain and Sport provide the rider with greater control and safety, and with the Sport mode, an even more immediate engine throttle response.
- Switchable Traction Control: Taking advantage of the sophisticated ride-by-wire system, the Thruxton R incorporates a switchable traction control system that optimises the delivery of its outstanding torque when traction is compromised. This can be switched off via the instrument menu.
- Torque Assist Clutch: Bringing a light touch and feel to the clutch control of the Thruxton R, the torque assist clutch system makes the bike easier to ride, and ride longer.
- Fingertip Controls: The Thruxton R switchgear presents a simple fingertip control scroll button for easy access to the key features on the digital clocks.
- Twin Feature-Packed Clocks: Stylish feature-packed twin clock (speedo and rev counter) with beautiful 3D dial faces that cleverly incorporate a digital menu system accessed by a handlebar-mounted scroll button. Key features include; riding mode setting, gear position indicator, odometer, two trip settings, service indicator, range to empty, fuel level, average and current MPG, clock, and access to turn off traction control and ABS features.
- LED DRL Headlight: A new contemporary standard, the Thruxton R headlight incorporates the latest LED Daytime Running Light (DRL) delivering a distinctive signature light pattern and enhanced power efficiency for long term durability.
- LED Rear Light: The LED rear light, incorporated into the classically-inspired and stylish tail set-up, bring a distinctive rear light pattern and power efficiency.
- Type: Liquid cooled, 8 valve, SOHC, 270° crank angle parallel twin
- Capacity: 1200 cc
- Bore: 97.6 mm
- Stroke: 80 mm
- Compression: 11.0:1
- Max Power EC: 97Hp (72 kW) @ 6,750 rpm
- Max Torque EC: 82.6FT-lb (112Nm) @ 4,950 rpm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Exhaust: Brushed 2 into 2 exhaust system with twin brushed silencers
- Final Drive: Chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate assist clutch
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel cradle
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, aluminium - Clear anodized
- Front Wheel: 32-spoke 17 x 3.5in, aluminium rims
- Rear Wheel: 32-spoke 17 x 5in, aluminium rims
- Front Tyre: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tyre: 160/60 ZR17
- Front Suspension: Showa 43mm USD big piston forks, fully adjustable 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable Ohlins twin shocks with piggy back reservoir, 120mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 310mm Brembo floating discs, Brembo 4-piston radial monobloc calipers, ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 220mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper, ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: LCD multi-functional instrument pack with analogue speedometer, analogue tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, range to empty indication, service indicator, clock, trip computer, scroll and mode buttons on handlebars, heated grip ready, fuel consumption display, traction control status and throttle mode display.
- Width Handlebars: 29.3 in. (745 mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 40.5 in. (1030 mm)
- Seat Height: 31.9 in. (810 mm)
- Wheelbase: 55.7 in. (1415 mm)
- Rake: 22.8º
- Trail: 3.6 in. (92 mm)
- Dry Weight: 448 lb. (203 kg)
- Tank Capacity: 3.8 US gal.
- Engine Type
- 8 valve, SOHC, 270 deg. crank angle parallel twin
- 1200 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 97.6 mm x 80 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- Showa 43mm USD big piston forks, fully adjustable 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- Fully adjustable Ohlins twin shocks with piggy back reservoir, 120mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 310mm Brembo floating discs, Brembo 4-piston radial monobloc calipers, ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper, ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire
- 160/60 ZR17
- 55.7 in. (1415 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.9 in. (810 mm)
- 22.7 deg.
- 3.6 in. (92 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.8 US gal.
- Dry Weight
- 448 lb. (203 kg)
- Crystal White, Silver Ice